To lead the engineering and maintenance operations of the hotel in order to ensure a high standard of building, machinery, plant, furniture, fixture and equipment in all the departments. Achieve total guest satisfaction and organizational profitability through effective utilization of all resources.
• Direct the budgeting process for all Capital expenditure & renovations.
• Develop systems and procedures that ensure safety of guest, employees, plant, machinery and property.
• Create a work environment that is high in employee morale and provides constant learning & development and use the feedback from ESS to draw an action plan.
• Recruitment and Performance Appraisal/ Management of the staff in the department.
• Develop & Implement the annual plan using the TBEM framework, linking the department’s objectives to the unit’s overall strategy.
• Plan & execute preventive maintenance and upkeep of engineering services.
• Plan & implement up gradation and replacement programme for engineering systems and equipment.
• Monitor energy consumption and design methods for conservation and optimization of energy.
• Ensure that all the engineering & maintenance activities/systems adhere to the standards/efficiency/productivity levels that have been set for the unit.
• Recommend changes in processes, materials and equipment, in order to enhance service levels and improve the operational efficiency.
• Responsible for maintaining the physical plant that includes capital improvements and continuing renovations to the plant.
• Maintain the fire safety system through regular inspection of fire alarm and sprinkler system.
• Make periodic checks of completed repair and maintenance work to ensure that the established standards have been met.
• Keep the management informed regarding the expenditure, the physical condition of the hotel or any other information required for management decision-making.
• Co-ordinate with Executive Housekeeper, Front Office Manager and other HODs on preventive maintenance of rooms and other repair work.
• Liaise with government agencies to ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
• Keep informed of industry innovations and advances in technical and property management fields.
• Develop departmental trainers in association with the training department & oversee all the training activities within the department.
• Identify key communities, plan various initiatives and co-ordinate the support activities.
• Thorough knowledge of mechanical, electrical, civil and related equipment and working knowledge of all other plant, equipment and utilities.
• Energy & environment conservation techniques
• Engineering inventory management & Capital Budgeting
• Knowledge of Automated building management system, work request systems, fire alarm and sprinkler systems etc.
• Working knowledge of MS office, MS projects and Auto CAD preferable.
• Knowledge of statutory compliance related to electrical fittings, boilers etc.
•Degree in Engineering – (Electrical/Mechanical)
• Progression through various positions in the Engineering department, and a minimum of 5 - 6 years experience in the Engineering & Maintenance function.
Please ensure that the CV is routed through the HR and General Manager of your unit.
Sorry, this position is closed for application.
Back To Job Listing