|Assistant Manager - Materials|
|Friday, July 20, 2012|
|Friday, July 27, 2012|
- Job Purpose
- To ensure the timely availability of the highest quality of materials, at a cost effective price, and which meet the quality and quantity standards of the user department, while being the first choice for the best vendors within the competition.
- Direct the budgeting process for all Capital & Operational requirements.
- Design policies, systems and procedures on Materials Management that increase the efficiency and improve service levels.
- Identify and Develop vendors in order to enhance product quality and reduce cost.
- Create a work environment that is high in employee morale and provides constant learning & development and use the feedback from ESS to draw an action plan.
- Recruitment and Performance Appraisal/ Management of the staff in the department.
- To issue and monitor purchase orders to ensure timely and correct delivery of materials to user departments
- Co-ordinate with the Heads of Department’s on development of Standard Purchase Specifications for various items.
- Monitor the adherence to the house rules and regulations with regard to purchasing.
- Secure competitive price quotations for all purchases.
- Advise the Executive chef of special availability or pricing of food merchandise for incorporation into menus or daily specials.
- Monitor the storage, sanitation and cleanliness standards and in goods receiving area and storeroom.
- Propose cost saving opportunities by staying informed about new products and trends in logistics, inventory control and purchasing.
- Work in association with the Accounts department in the area of pricing, purchase contracts and payments.
- Forecast market conditions and availability of materials under various economic conditions.
- Maintain MIS on Price lists, Regular purchases, Supplier information, Purchase orders, Par stocks etc.
- Ensure documentation of all phases of the purchasing process in a manner that will facilitate internal and external audit.
- Ensure adherence to all the statutory requirements/policies related to purchase.
- Develop departmental trainers in association with the training department & oversee all the training activities within the department.
- Identify key communities, plan various initiatives and co-ordinate the support activities.
- Thorough knowledge of modern materials management tools and techniques
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Product knowledge
- Regional availability of materials and sound knowledge of market and suppliers
- Inventory management & Budgeting
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office & Tally
- Knowledge of import regulations, commercial laws and tax structures
- Graduate/Diploma in Hotel Management (preferred)
- Post Graduation / Diploma in Materials management
- Progression through various positions in the Materials department, and a minimum of 6-7 years experience in the Materials function
- Experience in the various aspects of contract purchase, purchase agreements etc
Sorry, this position is closed for application.
Back To Job Listing