Job Purpose :
- To provide innovative and artistically superior, and cost efficient food and beverage products that enhance the reputation of all the food outlets, at the same time meeting the established quality and presentation standards.
- Plan and Budget the food costs for all the F & B outlets
- Create a work environment that is high in employee morale and provides constant learning & development and use the feedback from Employee Satisfaction Survey to draw an action plan.
- Develop systems and procedures that achieve higher cost efficiency and guest satisfaction.
- Recruitment and Performance Appraisal/ Management of the staff in the department.
- Develop & Implement the annual plan using the Tata Business Excellence Model framework, linking the departmentÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s objectives to the unitÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s overall strategy.
- Establish quality and quantity standards of food preparation & presentation.
- Develop and Standardize new recipes in order to add variety to the F & B outlets.
- Devise methods for optimal use of raw materials & fuel and maintain the budgeted food cost.
- Ensure availability of stock and raw materials through proper planning and co-ordination with the Purchase department.
- Monitor adherence to Safety, Hygiene and Cleanliness standards.
- Work in association with the F & B Manager in the area of Promotions, Food Festivals, Menu planning & Pricing.
- Work closely with the Purchase Manager for developing Standard Purchase Specifications, Vendor Development & Evaluation etc.
- Co-ordinate with the Chief Engineer for Preventive Maintenance, Procurement of new equipment, Energy consumption etc.
- Ensure through regular monitoring of guest feedback, prompt, efficient and accurate service to all guests along with the best quality products.
- Staff and Schedule staff in order to optimize manpower.
- Review the monthly business reports and develop a work plan.
- Develop departmental trainers in association with the training department & oversee all the training activities within the department.
- Address any grievance and counseling issues among the department staff.
- Stay informed about the new developments in the world of cuisine, cooking techniques, kitchen equipment etc.
- Identify key communities, plan various initiatives and co-ordinate the support activities.
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Apprenticeship and specialized training from a culinary institute
- Progression through various positions in the food production department, handling various satellite kitchens and a minimum of 5 years experience in managing satellite kitchens/main kitchen
- Handling production for banquets and outdoor catering.
- Implementing new F&B concepts, in the form of themes in specialty restaurants, coffee shops etc.
- Pre-opening of restaurants
- Exposure to international F & B production
- Thorough knowledge of different cuisines, cooking styles, hygiene & safety standards.
- Knowledge of various aspects of food and nutrition, calorie values etc.
- Techniques in quantity food production and dispensing
- Inventory management & Budgeting
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Food Costing and Menu pricing techniques
- Kitchen Planning & Design
Back To Job Listing
Refer This Job To Friends